Monday, July 13, 2009

Mariner's Game


We took Hayden to his first baseball game yesterday. I was a little nervous since I got the tickets from a guy on Craigslist, and because the game started at 1:10pm and that meant Hayden wouldn't be taking a nap that day. Fortunately, everything turned out great.




The seats were excellent for the price - 300 level, row 1 (right on the railing!), on the first base side. I was pretty paranoid at first about the railing, but by the 3rd inning or so, allowed Phil to loosen his death grip on him a little, as long as he was always in reach and being watched (I don't think I watched much of the game, actually!).



And even though Hayden didn't get a nap, he was so good and had so much fun. He loved all the different music and clapping parts. I don't think he understood at all what was happening on the field, but he sure enjoyed people watching, eating (mmmm... kettle corn!!), and cheering. And the airplanes that would fly overhead, the trains blowing their loud horns, and the roof opening were pretty exciting too.



We made it through the Seventh Inning stretch ("Take Me Out to the Ball Game!") and decided it was time to head home before Hayden got cranky. Oh, and if anyone cares, Mariner's won 5-3 over the Texas Rangers. :)

1 comment:

Annie said...

Great seats!
I'm glad that Hayden enjoyed his first M's game :) There is so much to watch- sometimes I forget to watch the game because everything else is so much fun!
Hayden looks so cute in his sunglasses!