Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving, as usual, was a day of food, family, and football. In the morning, Phil played football with some friends from church at the park near our house. Hayden and I braved the cold weather for a little bit to watch.




After football, we headed over to Phil's parent's house in Kirkland. On the way, we made a call to Grandma Judi & family in Michigan.


All 3 of Phil's brother's were at Phil's Parent's house, with the 3 nephews + one more baby on the way, along with his Aunt and Uncle. So it was a full house and we pretty much just ate and ate and watched the Seahawks play a horrible game and then ate some more. I made Chex Mix and a Pumpkin Dump cake for my contribution to the massive amount of food at their house. And Grandma Doris has a toy room full of fun things for all the grandkids to play with, so Hayden was loving it all.



I missed seeing my dad this year at Thanksgiving. He and his wife are in Thailand celebrating her birthday. And unfortunately, they could be stuck there longer than they had planned. There is a huge government protest at the Bankok Airport shutting down all flights and tourists are being diverted to naval bases and smaller airports. I sure hope they are able to return home soon and safely.

On "Black Friday" I had no interest in 5am shopping this year, so after Hayden and I got up and ready, we went to KidsQuest at Factoria Mall to play. He had a great time and as we were leaving, I heard live music down in the middle of the mall and a big crowd so we went over to check it out. I was shocked to see my Childhood Idol, "Tim Noah" in concert on the stage, doing all the hits I remembered as a kid and also some classic Christmas songs. Then Santa made his big appearance!




Hayden really enjoyed all the activity and even took a candy cane from Santa and wasn't scared of him at all! I think we'll go back sometime this week to get his Santa pictures done with this Santa. He looks great in his Red Suit with a real beard and the backdrop for the photos was great. There were penguins spinning from decorative parachutes up above the set, and Hayden loved them just like ceiling fans. He even was spinning around like them when he was dancing to the music! Such a fun, spontaneous moment!

1 comment:

Annie said...

HI JACQUI! I love the picture of Hayden on the phone-- it looks like a serious conversation :)