Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Boo Boo's.

It seems Hayden's mode of all-out running everywhere is a recipe for lots of painful crashes. The other day he came running into the kitchen, tripped, and landed face first into the corner of the cabinet by the dishwasher. It just breaks my heart when he gets injured, but amazingly, he recovers pretty quickly after a short hug and a distraction with a book or toy. He won't let me anywhere near the boo boo with an ice pack or wash cloth, so sometimes I have to wait until he's distracted to clean it up and get a look at the damage. His face is having more and more scratches and bruises every day. I hear this is pretty typical for this age. I'm doing my best to keep toys and obstacles picked up, but sometimes he just gets tripped up on his own 2 feet. Poor guy. :(

No comments: